Apr 2, 2008

Happy Day Bookmark

Sketch Card #170
Hi everyone !!! A little "late" posting today but I have a very
good reason. I have to do a class today with my group. I still wanted to do today's sketch. The panel on the right side was
ideal for a bookmark so I made this card/bookmark. I used the rub-ons which surprisingly worked for me this time and also because I learned from my mistake the last time (lol).
The background seemed perfect for this rub-ons, so I used it.
The Apricot Appeal paper was leftover from yesterday's color challenge, so I paired it with the Wild Wasabi. I used the Window punch to hold my bookmark and was punched 2 times.
Thanks for stopping by.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Dots and Daisies
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Black craft, White Gel pen
Accessories: Brads, DS ribbon, Love and Happiness Rub-ons, Clip
Tools: Window Punch, 1/16 punch, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a creative idea to turn that panel into a bookmark. I love the way it turned out.

Darce Roberts said...

What a great idea for this sketch...and great use of the rub-ons, too! :)

Keri said...

That turned out very nice and I love the idea of the bookmark!

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love how you did the bookmark, great idea.

Marge said...

Very nice; I may have to borrow this idea because one of my Sisterhood of the Blogging Stampers needs bookmarks for some teacher friends to give to kids who improve their reading skills!!! ;-)

AND you can come shop in my ribbon store any time you'd like! I'd loe to have you stop by (and stay to craft with me)!!! ;-)

Marge

Marge said...

Hard to believe I used to be a Legal Secretary, huh?!!!

I meant to type "love" in my last post, not "loe"!!! LOL

Marsha said...

Such a great idea to make the bookmark for the panel. Very clever using the word punch too. Glad there are creative people like you so we can copy!

Marisa said...

Brilliant as usual. Just love the little clip at the top of the bookmark. May have to get brave and try my rub ons now :)

Carolina said...

Had to race over here after seeing your card on SCS and let you know how lovely I think it is. The background, the color combo, the rub-on panel...love it all! The idea of it being a bookmark is just beyond great - talk about a gift within a gift. Thanks for sharing!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so gorgeous Chat!!! I gave you an award, check out my blog!!!

Linsey R said...

OH, so totally fabulous, Chat! I love the bookmark idea--you are so darn clever, lady! This card is absolutely beatiful in every way!

Neva said...

Chat this is just awesome and I have saved it to my favs in SCS for serious CASEing rights. Love the way you used the word window punch to make a slot for holding the book mark. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the bookmark...what a fun card!

Brenda said...

Great idea to make the panel a bookmark. Very nice card. My mom loves bookmarks (she reads a lot), so I may have to borrow this idea and make her a card. TFS!
Brenda

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What a fantastic idea. Love the bookmark and the card is SO pretty! :0)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...