Hello Peeps !!!
Happy Thursday !!!
Happy Blog Anninversary to me!
I had 1,436
post as of today ,still posting and having a wonderful time !!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it ?
It's all about having fun, sharing what you love and making each day count. I really enjoy the time that I spent creating and putting a bit of "me" into my cards/projects. Wouldn't you want to know and see me in action in my stamp room. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to do one of those videos, but for now, here is a little bit of tip on how I make my card. I will used the card above as my sample.
1. I usually start with what- The stamp set. ( Snow Swirled)
2. I pick my colors- usually 2-3 colors and a Neutral. ( Today's colors for Playing with Colors- Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Whisper White for my Neutral.
3. I usually would choose a background- e.g. designer paper, embossing folder, a wheel or a stamp., or a cardstock. In this card, I chose the Northern Flurry EF.
4. I also incorporate die cuts, punches, design tools, a technique when I can. It can be part of my main image or my main image itself or the background.
In this case, I used the scallop frame and the circle punch for my main image.
5. I try to match my ink with my color combo. I do the same thing for my sentiment. I usually stick to 1,2, or 3 ink colors but no more than three.
6. I love the addition of embellishments in my card to compliment my design. I have to be careful that it does not overpower my main image though.
7. And then, I am done.
I choose card layouts that will go with the stamp set I am using, not the other way around.
I do not glue anything (yet) until I am sure I have the right placement, symmetry, color,embellishment(s) in my card. I start layering first and see how I am going to layer my colors. As far as designer papers, I just have to be careful when I used them because they can also overpower my main image.
Hope this helps.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day stampin'