Oct 20, 2011

Playing with Colors 74 and Blog Anniversary Today !!!



Hello Peeps !!!

Happy Thursday !!!

Happy Blog Anninversary to me!

I had 1,436 post as of today ,still posting and having a wonderful time !!!!!!!!!!  Can you believe it ?
It's all about having fun, sharing what you love and making each day count. I really enjoy the time that I spent creating and putting a bit of "me" into my cards/projects. Wouldn't you want to know and see me in action in my stamp room. Maybe someday I will be brave enough to do one of those videos, but for now, here is a little bit of tip on how I make my card. I will used the card above as my sample.
1. I usually start with what- The stamp set. ( Snow Swirled)
2. I pick my colors- usually 2-3 colors and a Neutral. ( Today's colors for Playing with Colors- Riding Hood Red, Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake and Whisper White for my Neutral.
3. I usually would choose a background- e.g. designer paper, embossing folder, a wheel or a stamp., or a cardstock. In this card, I chose the Northern Flurry EF.
4. I also incorporate die cuts, punches, design tools, a technique when I can. It can be part of my main image or my main image itself or the background.
In this case, I used the scallop frame and the circle punch for my main image.
5. I try to match my ink with my color combo. I do the same thing for my sentiment. I usually stick to 1,2, or 3 ink colors but no more than three.
6. I love the addition of embellishments in my card to compliment my design. I have to be careful that it does not overpower my main image though.
7. And then, I am done.
More Tips:
 I choose card layouts that will go with the stamp set I am using, not the other way around.
 I do not glue anything (yet) until I am sure I have the right placement, symmetry, color,embellishment(s) in my  card.  I start layering first and see how I am going to layer my colors.  As far as designer papers, I just have to be careful when I used them because they can also overpower my main image.
Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day stampin'
Chat



10 comments:

Ardilla said...

Happy anniversary!!!
Great to hear how you work... very helpful :)

Have a great time next blogging year!

Angie said...

Hi Chat! Congratulations on your anniversary. :) Imagine how surprised I was when I checked your blog this morning (my daily fix) and saw that I was the winner!! I'm so happy!
Thanks for all the inspiration you give so freely. The tips in your post today are just what I'm talking about.
You're awesome!! I'm on my way to send you my address. Thanks so much for a wonderful gift!! I can't wait to start playing with it. :)
Hugs,
Angie in Utah
abcammack@comcast.net

SJ's Stampin Spot said...

Love it! and Happy Blogversary.

Unknown said...

happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogaversary Chat! I love your blog and visit daily. I admire your work so much. Keep up the great work.
MaryBeth

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Congrats on your beautiful blog. I always love to stop by. Your style is just beautiful. Love it! And wow, did you have over 1000 clicks on one day! Way to go! You deserve it! Pss: Your card is again a beauty!

Inky hugs, Pauline

Karen McAlpine said...

Congrats!! Great card!

Terri said...

Chat, Happy Blogversary! (is that a word? LOL) I so enjoy checking on you every day to see how your creative juices were flowing. Thank you so very much for sharing yourself and your creative talent with me. Hugs from Nebraska!

Mary Lou Glick said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this card! What a great color combination.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous design, love the embossing and colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...