Oct 24, 2007

My Dear Friend

Sketch Card #147
Don't you just love to experiment with colors ? I love to be able to mix and match colors. For this sketch challenge, I used Really Rust and River Rock. I have some left over vellum DP from SU with the copper leaves and I thought it would bring out the colors that I picked. I stamped the medallion flowers in Really Rust and distessed the edges; I then stamped 3 more flowers using White Craft ink in Really Rust paper, punched the center with the 3/4 circle punch and added the copper brads. I went crazy with the copper brads on the side of the sentiment.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Baroque Motifs,All Holidays
Paper: Really Rust, River Rock, Very Vanilla, SU DP
Ink: Really Rust, River Rock, White Craft
Accessories: Copper Brads,DS Ribbon
Tools: 3/4 Circle Punch,1/16 Circle Punch, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Kimberly Myers said...

Another stunning card. Thanks for sharing your work of art! I now NEED to have the All Holidays stamp set.

Marisa said...

YEAH, you're a blogger now!! Have already bookmarked you and put my name on your e-mail list as I just LOVE your creations. Look forward to finding your card in the gallery on SCS every day.

Thanks for taking the time to start a blog - look forward to reading it.

Marisa

PS: As an aside, is there any way you can enlarge the print on your blog. I have no idea what that may entail and if it is even doable, but this over 40 stuff sucks when it comes to reading fine print as the old eyes aren't what they used to be :)

Melissa said...

Dang girl! You can stamp!

I'm adding you to my google reader right now!

Barbara Welch said...

WOW! I hope you send this to a special friend. Love the colors!

nancy said...

These are absolutely gorgeous colors and your card, well, it's a beauty! Really gorgeous!!

It looks like we entered the world of blogging about the same time! Your blog looks awesome...I'll be back for sure = )

-nancy
papersmiles.blogspot.com

nancy said...

p.s. I LOVE the name you chose for your blog...VERY clever = ) !!

Diane Gilbert said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors!

Marie said...

This card is GORGEOUS!!! TFS I'll be adding your blog to my google reader list ASAP. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...