Aug 2, 2008

Gift Card Holder

A Different Kind of Fold
I designed this card for a convention swap that I signed
up for. This is a new set from the Fall/Winter Collection that I got called Party Hearty. The letter B for birthday was stamped in White craft pad using Real Red paper. I punched the present image using the 3/4 " circle punch and mounted it in dimensional. I wanted to add the red brads on the sides, so I used the 1/4" circle punch and glued them underneath the brads to emphasize them better. The background was stamped repeatedly in White Craft pad.

Thanks for stopping by.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Party Hearty, Big Bold Birthday
Paper: Real red, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: White Craft, Real Red,Regal Rose, So Saffron
Accessories: Red brads, red grosgrain ribbon
Tools: Circle punches, piercing tool




The main panel is cut at 31/3" x 41/2".

The white panel is cut 33/4" x 2".

Inside of the Card:

I used a 41/4 x 51/2 envelope,

scored at 11/2 inches on both sides.

9 comments:

Marge said...

Oh, way cute, Chat!!! I like how the gift card is nice & secure & hidden safely inside the envelope center!!! Fabulous idea!!!

trudelmj said...

Thank You for sharing that great idea!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a fabulous design! I'm sure it was a hit with the swaps at Convention! Thank you for sharing the directions!

Anonymous said...

Great card, this is so, so nifty - I love the way you folded it! Thanks for sharing!
--Becca

Rhonda Kelly said...

Oh WOW! That is so cute. I love that idea of putting the gift card inside the card like that.
Great job! TFS

Nancy Riley said...

You're amazing, Chat! How DO you come up with all this cute stuff?!

Julia Aston said...

what a creative fold! love the colors on this!

Cheryl said...

I got one of those cards. And I love it!

liannallama said...

such a cute project! I am linking you up to the 2peas gift card thread on the stamping board! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...