Nov 8, 2007

True Velvet

Ways to Use It #139
It's been a very busy week for me. It's mostly work, household chores and kids and the lists goes on, lol! I have to stop and take a break, so I decided to play and take part on today's challenge-use anything Velvet in your card. I do love the feel of velvet, don't you? I distressed the edges of the card and the outer panel. I combined the rough texture and the smoothness of velvet in this True Friend card. I also added velvet ribbon on the corners. The flower was stamped in Always Artichoke first, then I stamped it in Groovy Guava. I used another stamp for the inner circle and mounted it in dimensionals, and added the Rhinestone green brad.
RECIPE:
Stamps: True Friend
Paper: Always Artichoke, Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, DSP Happy Harmony
Ink: Always Artichoke, Groovy Guava
Accessories: Wide Velvet Ribbon, Rhinestone brad
Tools: Cutters Kit, 1/16 Punch

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this is so pretty, love that velvet ribbon

Silke Ledlow said...

Super gorgeous!!!

Becky Carafa said...

Ooo, it looks so warm and cozy! Love the ribbon on the corners!

Jackie Pedro said...

Chat, this is beautiful! Love the colors!

Denise said...

wow! love it- going to case u!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Chat this is gorgeous! I love how you made photo corners out of the velvet. You rock!

Stephanie said...

very pretty!

Dawn Easton said...

Chat! Oh my gosh! That is GORGEOUS! Oh that velvet is sooooooo yummy! Beautiful card!

pescbrico said...

Love the flower on your card. It's really neat!

Diane Gilbert said...

Oooooo, Chat this is beautiful!

nancy said...

Oh what a beautiful card! Great job on the challenge, you used the velvet perfectly...the corners were an especially nice touch! = )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...