Nov 20, 2007

Time Well Spent

ALOHA!!! How appropriate to get this set (Time Well Spent) because that is exactly how I felt after being gone for 7 days vacationing the Big Island of Hawaii. I can share you a little bit of the fun and memories we had, spectacular places we've been, what exotic fruits to eat, the name of the new volcano, where you can "hang loose", and where you can drink Free Mai Tai's ,but you have to be there and experience it and make your own memories. I wasn't quite ready to come back but I can tell you, it sure was a time well spent, every minute of it.
Color Challenges #141
Ways to Use it # 140
Sketch Card # 150
I have this set waiting for me when I arrived, and that was the first thing I did this morning with a cup of Kona coffee was putting this set together. I combined three challenges and other than the coloring that I spent a little more time, I thought it was a pretty simple card. I did used the CB folder after the coloring I did in the background, some piercing using the Tool Kit, and adding the special brads that I havce been saving for quite a while.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Time Well Spent
Paper: Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: DS Ribbon, Brads, Stickles
Tools: Tool Kit, 1/16 Punch, CB and Folder, Blender Pen

11 comments:

Angel said...

Wow the Big Island, huh? I live on Oahu, you should've stopped by! lol! I'm sure you had a wonderful time and isn't Kona the BEST?!!

Becky Carafa said...

Lucky! I've always wanted to go to Hawaii. Great card, too, really cute! I haven't played with my set yet.

Silke Ledlow said...

Your card turned out much better than mine....love what you did!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderful news! What a fantastic holiday you had!!! Sounds GREAT!

Love your card! Great job with that new set ;)

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love it!

Jackie Pedro said...

Welcome back, Chat! Sounds like a wonderful trip...this card is wonderful!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Fabulous card ,love the colours you used ,Dawnx

Marisa said...

Welcome back :) Glad to hear you had a wonderful time away. Hawaii is a wonderful place and I have fond memories of my visit there! I ate way too many mangos, pineapples and papayas while there since I grew up on them in Costa Rica and you can't beat the taste when they are allowed to ripen on the plant/tree - yummmmmy!! The lovely tropical flowers are another sight I just loved. Welcome back and when things get busy, enjoy a stroll through your memories.

Deb said...

Awesome card and blog!!! SU never ceases to amaze us with such wonderful images to work with.
Deb
bluemoonstamping.blogspot.com

Diane Gilbert said...

Wow, how lucky are you! I hope you had a fantastic time!

Love what you did with this new set, can't wait to play with mine!

Judy Rozema said...

What a wonderful vacation! I am glad you got some time away, but also glad you stamped this up right away -- I love the design!! Especially how you have the sentiment behind the main panel as part of the background. Really pretty card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...