Nov 5, 2007

Celebrate the Season

Try a New Technique # 141
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I am glad that it is Monday and usually that means I have the whole house to myself while everyone is in school and at work; and what better way to start the challenge with a morning cup of coffee.
The challenge is to do Horizontal Pocket card. I used the Season of Joy...again. You know when you get a really versatile stamp set, you just can't stop using it. The SU DSP I used is Close to Cocoa and I think it is really good with Soft Sky. After I glued the sides with Stciky Strip. I did paper piercing around. For the front, I stamped the big image and mounted it in Soft Sky. The small flowers were punched out and mounted in Soft Sky paper and used the HPH Aged Copper. I used the silky ribbon and DS ribbon for the flap and mounted the flowers in 3-d. The inside is a piece of Chocolate Chip paper and added the DP on top. I stamped the sentiment and finished it off with swirl metal from the HPH.
RECIPE:
Stamps: Season of Joy
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Whisper White, SU DSP
Ink: Close to Cocoa
Accessories: DS Ribbon, Chocolate Satin Ribbon, HPH Aged Copper
Tools: 1/2" Circle, Non SU Circle Punch, Tool Kit, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

GREAT card! I LOVE those colours together!

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love the color combo you used.

pescbrico said...

On the picture, it look almost like if it's leather! :) Great card

Amanda G said...

love the colors!

Nancy Riley said...

Gorgeous pocket card, Chat! Lovin' the non-traditional holiday colors!

Stephanie said...

ooh i love this card! the colors are great and that is one of my favorite stamp sets too :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Chat, I just love that you used non-traditional colors for this Christmas card! Another beautiful card!

Yani said...

Gorgeous card!

Rose Ann said...

Your pocket card is amazing, Chat! I really love the colors you used as well!

Bree mcconnell said...

this card is amazing!!!

Debbie G said...

You make beautiful card! I love them all!

Lori Barnett said...

Now I KNOW I really need this stamp set! I love the brown/blue combo!! Great!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...