Mar 5, 2008

On Growing Old...

Two of our very dear stamping friends (Janice and Colleen) are celebrating their birthday this March. When Colleen's sister brought this in class, what better way to share it with everyone, young or old.


My Favorite Things (It says lyrics by Julie Andrews)

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixident and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers,golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pains and confused brains and no need for simin,
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frame,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had
And then I don't feel so bad.

3 comments:

Jessie/knightrone said...

This completely cracks me up!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Ileana said...

I love the movie the sound of music... that is so cute...

Diane Gilbert said...

This is toooo funny! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...